A device entitled Portable Device normally refers to a USB port that has not been associated with the appropriate driver. You may also notice that on the General Tab for the device, a Code 19 is displayed with the following text: Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged.
The following steps resolve this issue:
- Click Start - Control Panel.
- Double-click System.
- Click the Hardware Tab.
- Click Device Manager.
- Right-mouse each Portable Device and select Uninstall.
- Once each of the Portable Devices have been uninstalled, right-mouse click your Computer Name at the top of the list and select Scan For Hardware Changes.
- The devices should then be automatically installed.
- To confirm that this issue has been resolved, reboot the computer. Upon reboot, return to the Device Manager and confirm that the yellow exclamation marks are no longer being displayed.